UniUni Driver App (USA) Privacy And Confidentiality PolicyUSA
Last Updated: October 16, 2022.
Ⅰ. Information We Collect
We collect information about you from a variety of sources, including:
A. Information you provide directly to us when accessing the Website, utilizing the Services or communicating with our help desk.
B. Information automatically collected when you visit or use our Website or apps, such as information about the app and Website pages you visit.
C. Information from third parties, such as contractors, other third parties we have contracted with in connection with the deliver services and other business partners.
D. Information provided to us on the Driver App by individuals we have hired in connection with the delivery services (“Delivery Employees”).
E. Information individuals we have hired in connection with the delivery services (“Delivery Employees”) provide to us directly, such as when a Delivery Employee uses the Website, the Driver App or communicates with our help desk. The Driver App is intended to assist in facilitation of the delivery services, by providing Delivery Employees with information and services related to the delivery services, and by enabling the exchange of information between Delivery Employees. The information we collect may include certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”) and other information, such as:
- Your username (and password or other identity authentication data, if applicable).
- Business and personal contact information, such as your name, the name of your employer (or other organization you represent), title, role, job description, email address, physical address, billing address, and phone number.
- Additional information about you that you may choose to provide to us, such as:
- Your name, date of birth, age, gender, identification photo, and other photos and videos.
- Your personal preferences related to your use of the Service such as hours of availability.
- Your views of performance of delivery services.
- Other content generated by you and submitted within the app or on the Website.
F. For Delivery Employees, information about your performance of, delivery services, such as:
- Your views and opinions submitted through the Driver App.
- Motor Vehicle Reports;
- Background check information;
- Your time and date of registration, arrival and departure related to performance of the delivery services.
- Mileage for purposes of expense reimbursement.
- Vehicle make, model, color, license plate, and vehicle photo.
- Vehicle registration and insurance information.
- Your responses to surveys and questionnaires we may conduct.
- Information about your use of our Driver App, such as the time, date, and duration of the use.
G. We also collect data that is either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit) is collected automatically when using the Service (“Usage Data”). Usage Data may include:
- Your device’s IP address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
- When you access the Service on or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
- We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit the Website or access the Service on a mobile device.
H. If you are a Delivery Employee, our Driver App may collect information about your general location, such as your physical address or billing address.
To provide location-related functionality, the Driver App may capture and record certain precise geo-location data from your device, or may capture and record your location and data from your device. We may link such location data to other information that you provide to us or that may be accessed in connection with your use of the Driver App.
I. We use small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of your browsing history on that website among its many uses (“Cookies”), and similar tracking technologies to track the activity on our Service and store certain information. Tracking technologies used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service. The technologies we use may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Service may use local stored objects (“Flash Cookies”) to collect and store information about your preferences or your activity on our Service. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for bowser cookies. For more information on how you can delete Flash Cookies, please read “Where can I change the settings for disabling, or deleting local shared objects?” available at https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html#main_Where_can_I_change_the_settings_for_disabling__or_deleting_local_shared_objects_
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as you close Your web browser. You can learn more about cookies here: All About Cookies by Terms Feed.
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide you with services available through the Website and to enable you to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these Cookies to provide you with those services.
- Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
- Functionality Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices you make when you use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you use the Website.
- Tracking and Performance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Third-Parties
Purpose: These Cookies are used to track information about traffic to the Website and how users use the Website. The information gathered via these Cookies may directly or indirectly identify you as an individual visitor. This is because the information collected is typically linked to a pseudonymous identifier associated with the device you use to access the Website. We may also use these Cookies to test new pages, features or new functionality of the Website to see how our users react to them.
- Targeting and Advertising Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Third-Parties
Purpose: These Cookies track your browsing habits to enable us to show advertising which is more likely to be of interest to you. These Cookies use information about your browsing history to group you with other users who have similar interests. Based on that information, and with our permission, third party advertisers can place Cookies to enable them to show adverts which we think will be relevant to your interests while you are on third party websites.
Ⅱ. How We Use Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
To provide and maintain our Service: To monitor the usage of our Service, provide you with the Service, customize the Services and functionality based on your needs, and improve the quality and delivery of the Service.
To manage your account: To manage your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data you provide can give you access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to you as a registered user.
For the performance of a contract: The development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services you have purchased or of any other contract with us through the Service.
To contact you: To contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or Services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation. We may also coordinate communication with you regarding the delivery services by providing you with information and services related to the delivery services, and by enabling the exchange of information between Delivery Employees.
To provide you with news: To provide you with special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
To manage your requests: To respond to your inquiries, comments and other requests.
To deliver targeted advertising to you: We may use your information to develop and display content and advertising (and work with third-party vendors who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
For business transfers: We may use your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
For other purposes: We may use your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, marketing and your experience.
Ⅲ. How We Share Your Personal Data
We may share your Personal Data in the following situations:
With Service Providers: We may share your Personal Data with third party companies, contractors, or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service, or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used, including Delivery Employees (“Service Providers”). We may share your Personal Data with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to show advertisements to you to help support and maintain our Service, to advertise on third party websites to you after you visited our Website, and to contact you. Although we rely on Service Providers to perform a variety of services on our behalf, we require that such Service Providers maintain the confidentiality of your Personal Data, and we do not authorize such Service Providers to use your Personal Data for purposes other than for which it has been provided.
For business transfers: We may share or transfer your Personal Data in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
With business partners: We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
With other users: When you share Personal Data or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside of the Website.
With your consent: We may disclose your Personal Data for any other purpose with your consent.
Ⅳ. Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Ⅴ. Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Ⅵ. Security of Your Personal Data
We use commercially reasonable organizational, technical and administrative means intended to protect stored and transmitted information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, and unauthorized disclosure. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Ⅶ. Accessing and Updating Your Personal Data
On request, we will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your Personal Data. If you are a Delivery Employee, you can access and update certain Personal Data by visiting your profile page on the Driver App.
You may also contact us using the methods described below under “Contact Us” to request access to, correction of, or deletion of, any Personal Data that you have provided to us. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will respond to your request within a reasonable time. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Ⅷ. Detailed Information on the Processing of Your Personal Data
A. Service Providers
The Service Providers we use may have access to your Personal Data. These Service Provers collect, store, use, process and transfer information about your activity on our Service in accordance with their privacy policies. We may use Service Providers to:
- Monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- Show advertisements to you to help support and maintain our Service.
- Serve ads to our users based on their visit to our Website or other websites on the Internet.
- To recognize and deliver you ads across devices and browsers
B. Email Marketing
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
We may use email marketing Service Providers to manage and send emails to you.
C. Behavioral Remarketing
These third-party vendors collect, store, use, process and transfer information about your activity on our Service in accordance with their privacy policies and to enable us to:
- Measure and analyze traffic and browsing activity on our Service
- Show advertisements for our products and/or services to you on third-party websites or apps
- Measure and analyze the performance of our advertising campaigns some of these third-party vendors may use non-cookie technologies that may not be impacted by browser settings that block Cookies. Your browser may not permit you to block such technologies. You can use the following third-party tools to decline the collection and use of information for the purpose of serving you interest-based advertising:
The Company may utilize the following platforms in connection with the remarketing services mentioned above:
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
- Meta Pixel
- LinkedIn Pixel
- Other similar third-party tracking technologies
You may opt-out of all personalized advertising by enabling privacy features on your mobile device such as Limit Ad Tracking (iOS) and Opt Out of Ads Personalization (Android). See your mobile device help system for more information.
The third-party vendors we use are:
Google Ads (AdWords)
Google Ads (AdWords) remarketing service is provided by Google Inc.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: https://www.google.com/settings/ads
Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout – for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy
Twitter remarketing service is provided by Twitter Inc.
You can opt-out from Twitter’s interest-based ads by following their instructions: https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170405
Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc.
You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/516147308587266
To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads, follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt-out using your mobile device settings.
For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
Ⅸ. Children’s Privacy
Our Service is not meant for, and should not be accessed or used by, anyone under the age of 19. Any Personal Data submitted pertaining to a child under the age of 19 must be explicitly consented to by that child’s parent or legal guardian. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from anyone under the age of 19. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 19 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Ⅹ. Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Ⅺ. California Privacy Rights
This section was adopted to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and applies solely to residents of the State of California (“California Consumers”). Without limiting the foregoing, this section provides California Consumers with the disclosures and notices required under the CCPA.
A. Personal Data Collected
The Company has collected the following categories of Personal Data from California Consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
D. Commercial information.
Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
E. Internet or other similar network activity.
Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
F. Geolocation data.
Physical location or movements.
G. Professional or employment-related information.
Current or past job history or performance evaluations (Delivery Employees only)
H. Sensory data.
Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
B. Sources for the Personal Data We Collect
We collect the Personal Data described above from the following sources:
- Directly from you when you leave a comment or use other interactive features on the Website or communicate with us, fill out a form, or submit an inquiry, use our Services, interact with us through the Site, or apply for employment with the Company.
- Indirectly from you as information we collect automatically from your use of the Website or Services.
- Third parties, as described in more detail below.
C. Use of Personal Data
We may use or disclose the Personal Data we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or Services, we will use that Personal Data to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your Personal Data to purchase certain Services, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new orders.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and Services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website and Services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website and Services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your Personal Data or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by us about our is among the assets transferred.
- For Delivery Employees, to track mileage for expense reimbursement, to determine location data for delivery-tracking purposes and for other similar employment purposes.
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Data or use the Personal Data we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
D. Sharing Personal Data
We may share your Personal Data by disclosing it to a third party for a business purpose. We only make these business purpose disclosures under written contracts that describe the purposes, require the recipient to keep the Personal Data confidential, and prohibit using the disclosed information for any purpose except performing the contract. In the preceding twelve (12) months, Company has disclosed Personal Data for a business purpose to the categories of third parties indicated in the chart below.
Personal Information Category
Category of Third-Party Recipients
Business Purpose Disclosures
- Android operation system – mobile apps (Customer App and Driver App)
- iOS operation system – mobile apps (Customer App and Driver App)
- Scandit – Android Driver app, barcode scanning
- Google ML kit – Android Driver app, barcode scanning
B: Internet or other similar network activity.
- Google analytics – website
- Scandit – Only on android, barcode scanning
- Google ML kit – Only on android, barcode scanning
C: Professional or employment-related information (Delivery employees only).
- Employment-related third party vendors, such as for benefits administration.
E. No Sale of Personal Data
The Company has not sold any Personal Data in the preceding twelve (12) months.
F. Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides California Consumers with specific rights regarding their Personal Data. The following paragraphs describe CCPA rights and explain how to exercise those rights.
G. Right to Know and Data Portability
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Data over the past 12 months (the “right to know“). Once we receive your request and confirm your identity (see Exercising Your Rights to Know or Delete), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal Data we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the Personal Data we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Data.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Data.
- If we sold or disclosed your Personal Data for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- Sales, identifying the Personal Data categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- Disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the Personal Data categories that each category of recipient obtained.
- The specific pieces of Personal Data we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
H. Right to Delete
You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Data that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions (the “right to delete“). Once we receive your request and confirm your identity (see Exercising Your Rights to Know or Delete), we will review your request to see if an exception allowing us to retain the information applies. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our Service Provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Data, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
We will delete or deidentify Personal Data not subject to one of these exceptions from our records and will direct our service providers to take similar action.
I. Exercising Your Rights to Know or Delete
To exercise your rights to know or delete described above, please submit a request by either:
- Calling us at 1-800-282-2468.
- Emailing us at email@example.com.
- Mailing us at UNIUNI LOGISTICS INC., 14438 S Avalon Blvd, Gardena, CA 90248.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a request to know or delete related to your Personal Data. To designate an authorized agent, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also make a request to know or delete on behalf of your child by contacting email@example.com.
You may only submit a request to know twice within a 12-month period. Your request to know or delete must:
Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Data or an authorized representative, which may include:
- Customer number
- Contract or Order numbers
- Employee ID Number
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Data if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Data relates to you.
You do not need to create an account with us to submit a request to know or delete. However, we do consider requests made through your password protected account sufficiently verified when the request relates to Personal Data associated with that specific account.
We will only use Personal Data provided in the request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make it.
For instructions on exercising your sale opt-out or opt-in rights, see Personal Data Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights.
J. Response Timing and Format
We will confirm receipt of your request within ten (10) business days. If you do not receive confirmation within the 10-day timeframe, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We endeavor to substantively respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to another 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your Personal Data that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
K. Other California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at: UNIUNI LOGISTICS INC., 14438 S Avalon Blvd, Gardena, CA 90248.
ⅩⅢ. Contact Us
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org