Last updated: September 8, 2023
DEFINITIONS AND APPLICATION
- Account means a unique account created for you to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- App means all UniUni apps, including the tracker app used by Recipients of packages and others, the driver app used by Drivers and the Doorbuzzin app used by users of the door buzz functionality.
- Company means UniUni Express Inc. and its affiliates and may also be referred to as UniUni.
- Country means Canada.
- Customer means those who retain the Company to provide the Service.
- Device means any device that can be used to access the Website and/or App, such as a computer, cell phone or tablet.
- Door Buzz User means those who use the door buzz functionality. Some Door Buzz Users may also be Recipients.
- Driver means those who carry out deliveries for the Company.
- Personal Information is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Recipient means those who receive deliveries from the Company.
- Service refers to any or all of the following activities: providing courier and delivery services to Customers and Recipients; providing courier and delivery instructions and directions to Drivers; and providing door buzz in services to Recipients and Door Buzz Users.
- Service Provider means any person or company that processes Personal Information on the Company’s behalf.
- UniUni means UniUni Express Inc. and its affiliates and may also be referred to as the “Company”.
- Websiterefers to UniUni’s websites (https://doorbuzz.in, https://doorbuzzin.com, www.condolifehacks.com and/or https://www.uniuni.com)
- Youmeans the person whose Personal Information is being collected, used or disclosed. “You” may be a Customer, a Recipient, a Driver and/or a Door Buzz User.
We will obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose your Personal Information (subject to just a few exceptions set out below).
We may get your consent electronically, in writing or orally. Your consent may also be implied if it’s obvious that we are collecting, using or disclosing your Personal Information for a specific purpose and you voluntarily provide your Personal Information to us for that purpose. We may also obtain your implied consent if you do not opt out after we give you notice and a reasonable opportunity to opt-out.
Subject to certain exceptions (e.g., the Personal Information is necessary to provide the Service or the withdrawal of your consent would frustrate the performance of a legal obligation), you can withhold or withdraw your consent. However, in some cases this may restrict our ability to provide the Service.
We may collect, use or disclose your Personal Information without consent in the following limited circumstances: when the collection, use or disclosure of Personal Information is permitted or required by law; in an emergency that threatens a person’s life, health or personal security; when the Personal Information is already available from a public source; when we require legal advice from a lawyer; to collect a debt; to protect ourselves from fraud; or to investigate an anticipated breach of an agreement or a contravention of law.
2. COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect your Personal Information when you interact with us, including when you interact with us on our Website and App. The Personal Information we collect may include:
- Personal Information you give us
When you interact with us, including on the Website and App, we may ask you to provide us with information such as your first and last name, employer, position, email address, phone number, mailing address, personal preferences, hours of availability and/or photo. If you set up an Account, we may ask you for a username, password and security questions and answers. If you are a Driver, we may also ask you for your photo, your birthdate, your Driver’s license number and other background check information. When you use the Website or App, you may also provide us with your feedback on and questions about the Service and your experience with the Service, Website and/or App.
We collect this information so that we can provide the Service to you. For example, so that we can send delivery instructions to you, provide you with delivery status updates and inform you of changes or improvements to the Service. We also collect this information so that we can respond to your inquiries, comments and other requests and so that we can verify your identity and protect you from fraud.
- Personal Information we collect as you use the Service
When you use the Website or App, we may collect internet and other electronic network activity information such as: your browsing history on the Website; the length of time you spend on certain pages; the website Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) from the website you were visiting before coming to this Website; the URL you visit next; your Device type; the browser; Internet service provider; the date and time of your visit; your operating system; and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address. If you are a Driver or a Recipient, we may also collect information about your precise or approximate location. If you access the Service on a mobile device, then we may also collect information such as the type of mobile device, your mobile device unique ID and your mobile operating system.
We collect this information: to help us provide the Service; to connect to your device; to conduct statistical analysis of how the Website, App and Service are used and by whom; to troubleshoot service issues or interruptions; to update and improve the Website and App; and to serve you with promotional messages and advertisements, both while you are on the Site and after you leave our Site and continue to browse online.
- Personal Information we collect from third parties
We may also receive your Personal Information from third parties. For example, if you are a Recipient, we may collect your mailing address and phone number from the Customer who Retained us so that we can deliver the package to you and provide you with delivery status updates. Additionally, if you are a Driver working for a third party When you use the Website or App, that we contract with, then we may collect some of your personal information from your employer. When we collect Personal Information from third parties, we take steps to ensure that third parties are permitted to disclose the information to us.
- Cookies and other technologies
- make the Website and App work;
- tailor the information we present to you based on your browsing preferences, such as language and geographical region;
- collect statistics on how you use the Website and App; and
- provide us with business and marketing information.
The cookies we use include “session” cookies that are erased when you leave our Website and “persistent” cookies that remain on your Device after you leave the Website.
We also use third party Cookies to track your browsing habits so that we can show you advertising that is more likely to be of interest to you. These Cookies use information about your browsing history to group you with other users and show you adverts which are more likely to be of interest of to you.
You can find a list of the third-party cookies that we use on our sites along with other relevant information in the cookie table here https://www.uniuni.com/third-party-cookies-ca-private-policy/.
3. USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Company may use your Personal Information:
- To provide the Service to you: Like to deliver a package for or to you, provide you with instructions on how to deliver a package, allow you to control access to your building, process payments and provide you with delivery updates.
- To create and manage your Account: To manage your registration as a user of the Website or App.
- To communicate with you: To contact you by email, telephone calls, text or other equivalent forms of electronic communication regarding updates or informative communications related to functionalities, products, security or the performance of the Service. We may also provide you with information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about (unless you have opted not to receive such information).
- To evaluate and improve the Service: To evaluate and improve the Service, products, services, marketing and your experience. For example, we may conduct data analysis, identify usage trends and determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns.
- To deliver targeted advertising to you: To develop and display content and advertising (and work with third-party vendors who do so) that is tailored to your interests and/or location.
- For other purposes: We may use your Personal Information for reasons not set out here. However, before doing so, we will inform you of those purposes.
4. TRANSFERRING AND DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may transfer or disclose your Personal Information:
- To Service Providers: We may transfer your Personal Information to one or more of the Service Providers we use so that we can: monitor and analyze how the Website, App and Service are used; support and maintain the Website and App; process payments; store information; show advertisements to you; and advertise to you on third party websites. More information about the Service Providers we use can be found here https://www.uniuni.com/service-provider-ca-privacy-policy/.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer your Personal Information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, asset sale or financing of all or a portion of the Company to another company.
- With business partners: We may share your Personal Information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services and/or promotions.
- With other users: when you share Personal Information or otherwise interact in public areas on the App or Website, some of your Personal Information may be viewed by others users and be publicly distributed.
5. SECURITY AND RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Company takes all reasonable measures to protect the security of your Personal Information, such as: physically securing our offices where your Personal Information is held; using user IDs, passwords, encryption and firewalls; and contractually requiring all Service Providers to provide comparable security measures. We will continually review and update our security policies and controls as technology changes to ensure ongoing Personal Information security.
The Company will retain your Personal Information:
- to the extent required by law. For example, the law may require us to keep your Personal Information for a specified amount of time or we may need to retain it to resolve disputes or enforce legal agreements.
The Company may also retain usage data which is information that is collected automatically when the Website or App are used. Usage data is information about how the Website or App are used (such as the duration of a page visit). We retain usage data in an anonymized form.
6. LOCATION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your information, including your Personal Information, is processed at the Company’s operating offices in Richmond, British Columbia. The Company also relies on Service Providers to process Personal Information.
7. YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have a number of rights and abilities when it comes to your Personal Information.
We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that your Personal Information is accurate and complete. You may request correction to your Personal Information in order to ensure its accuracy and completeness. A request to correct Personal Information must be made in writing. If your request is valid, we will correct the information as required. If the correction is not made, we will note that you requested the correction to the information in your file.
You have a right to access your Personal Information subject to some exceptions. Such a request must be made in writing and provide us with enough detail that we can identify what Personal Information you want.
9. QUESTIONS AND CONTACT
If we are unable to resolve your concern or complaint, you may contact:
- If you live in BC: the Information and Privacy Commissioner for British Columbia
- If you live in Alberta: the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Alberta
- If you live in Quebec: the Commission d’accès à l’information du Québec
- If you live in any other province or territory: the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada