UniUni Driver App (Canada) Privacy And Confidentiality Policy
Last updated: March 17, 2022
This app and its related services (the “App”) have been created for the coordination and completion of delivery services (the “Contract”). The Contract is performed by the delivery services contractor, its affiliates, employees, assigns and subcontractors (collectively, the “Contractor”). Use of the App by the Contractor is conditional with agreement to the terms and services set out herein by Uni Express Inc. and its affiliates (collectively, “we”, “us”, and “our”).
Our App provides services to the Contractor and to other third parties we have contracted with connected to the delivery services (collectively, “Delivery Participants”). Our App is intended to assist in facilitation of the delivery services, by providing the Contractor with information and services related to the delivery services, and by enabling the exchange of information between Delivery Participants.
We collect certain information about the Contractor and/or app user through or as a consequence of your use of the App. We also disclose information through this App which is protected by the confidentiality provisions of this policy. By using our App, you agree to be bound by the confidentiality, non-use and non-disclosure policies set out herein. If you do not agree to these policies, you are not permitted to use this app.
Information We Collect
We collect information about you from a variety of sources, including:
- Information you provide to us directly, such as when you register on our App, add information to your App profile, or communicate with our help desk.
- Information provided to us by the Delivery Participants.
- Information automatically collected when you visit or use our App, such as information about the App pages you visit.
- Information from third parties, such your employer (if you are performing delivery services on behalf of a delivery services contractor) and our business partners.
The information we collect may include both personal information (information that identifies you as an individual) and other information, such as:
- You App user name (and password or other identity authentication data, if applicable).
- Business and personal contact information, such as your name, the name of your employer (or other organization you represent), title, role, job description, email address, physical address, billing address, and phone number.
- Additional information about you that you may choose to provide to us, such as:
- your date of birth, age, gender, identification photo, and other photos and videos;
- your personal preferences related to your use of the App such as hours of availability;
- other content generated by you and submitted within the App; and
- your views and opinions on the performance of the delivery services contract and Delivery Services Participants where submitted through the App.
- Information about your contracting for and performance of delivery services, such as:
- your time and date of registration, arrival and departure related to performance of the delivery services;
- your interactions with representatives of Delivery Participants, including information exchanged within the App; and
- your responses to surveys, questionnaires, we may conduct.
- Information about your use of our App, such as information about use of the App, the time and date of the use, the duration of the use.
- Technical information about the device on which you use the App and the systems through which the App communicates with us (“Device Technical Information”), such as your device type, operating system, wireless connection, Internet Protocol (IP) address, device ID number, and similar device data.
We have been retained by the Delivery Participants regarding the facilitation of the delivery services contract. Under our agreements with the Delivery Participants, we will share some or all of the information that we collect about you with the Delivery Participants.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect to:
- Provide you with the App services and functionality, customize the App content and functionality for you, and communicate with you about your use of the App.
- Coordinate communication with you regarding the delivery services by providing you with information and services related to the delivery services, and by enabling the exchange of information between Delivery Participants.
- Respond to your enquiries, comments, and other requests.
- Manage our App and our services, improve our App and our services, improve the quality of the delivery, and conduct general research and analysis.
We use Device Technical Information for purposes such to configure the App for you, to administer the App and the systems that support the App, and to help diagnose and resolve technical problems.
How We Disclose Your Information
We may disclose your information:
- To the Delivery Participants (including their affiliates and service providers).
- To our third party service providers that assist or support our business operations, or that provide research and analysis services to us.
- To other third parties in a form that does not identify you.
- If all or part of our business is sold to another company, or if we amalgamate or merge with another company.
- To protect and defend our or other parties’ rights, safety and property, or to limit the damages we may sustain.
- When permitted or required by law or government authorities.
We rely on third party service providers to perform a variety of services on our behalf, and we may disclose your information to the third party service providers. However, we require that the third party service providers maintain the confidentiality of your personal information, and we do not authorize the third party service providers to use your personal information for purposes other than for which it has been provided.
Our App may collect information about your general location, such as your physical address or billing address.
With your consent, and in order to provide location-related functionality, the App may capture and record certain precise geo-location data from your device, or may capture and record your location and data from your device. We may link such location data to other information that you provide to us or that may be accessed in connection with your use of the App.
We use commercially reasonable organizational, technical and administrative means intended to protect stored and transmitted information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, and unauthorized disclosure. However, no method of transmission or electronic storage is 100% secure or error-free, so unfortunately we cannot guarantee absolute security. If you have reason to believe that your interactions with us are no longer secure, please immediately contact us as indicated under the heading “Contacting Us”.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
On request, we will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information.
You can access and update certain of your personal information by visiting your profile page on the App.
You may also contact us using the methods described below under “Contacting Us” to request access to, correction of, or deletion of, any personal information that you have provided to us. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the personal information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will respond to your request within a reasonable time. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Access to Confidential Information
As a condition your use of this App you agree to the following provisions respecting access to the confidential information of Uni Express Inc., its Delivery Participants or other applicable third parties.
Definition of Confidential Information
“Confidential Information” means information (including any and all combinations of individual items of information) that we have or will develop, acquire, create, compile, discover or own, that has value in or to our business which is not generally known and which we wishes to maintain as confidential. Confidential Information includes both information disclosed by us to you, and information developed or learned by you through the use of this App. Confidential Information also includes all information of which the unauthorized disclosure could be detrimental to our interests, whether or not such information is identified as Confidential Information. By way of example, and without limitation, Confidential Information includes any and all non-public information that relates to the actual or anticipated business and/or products, research or development of Uni Express Inc., or to our technical data, trade secrets, or know-how, including, but not limited to, research, product plans, or other information regarding our products or services and markets therefor, customer lists and customers (including, but not limited to, our customers on which you come in contact through the use of this App or performance of the delivery services), software, developments, inventions, discoveries, ideas, processes, formulas, technology, designs, drawings, engineering, hardware configuration information, marketing, finances, and other business information disclosed by us either directly or indirectly in through the use of this App or through your inspection of premises, parts, equipment, or other Uni Express Inc. property. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Confidential Information shall not include any such information which I can establish (i) was publicly known or made generally available prior to the time of disclosure by Uni Express Inc. to you; (ii) becomes publicly known or made generally available after disclosure by Uni Express Inc. to you through no wrongful action or omission by you; or (iii) is in your rightful possession, without confidentiality obligations, at the time of disclosure by us as shown by your then-contemporaneous written records; provided that any combination of individual items of information shall not be deemed to be within any of the foregoing exceptions merely because one or more of the individual items are within such exception, unless the combination as a whole is within such exception.
Non-use and Nondisclosure
During and after your use of the App, you agree you will hold in the strictest confidence and take all reasonable precautions to prevent any unauthorized use or disclosure of the Confidential Information. You will not (i) use the Confidential Information for any purpose whatsoever other than in performance of the delivery services, or (ii) disclose Confidential Information to any third party without the prior written authorization of the President, CEO, or the Board of Directors of Uni Express Inc. Prior to disclosure, when compelled by applicable law, you shall provide prior written notice to the President, CEO, and General Counsel of the Company (as applicable). You agree that toy obtain no title to any Confidential Information, and that we retains all Confidential Information as the sole property of us. You understand that my unauthorized use or disclosure of Confidential Information during may legal action by Uni Express Inc. You understand that my obligations under this section shall continue after you cease to use the App and also that nothing in this Agreement prevents you from engaging in protected activity, as described below.
Third Party Information
You recognize that we have received, and in the future may receive, from third parties (for example, customers, suppliers, licensors, licensees, partners, and collaborators) as well as their subsidiaries and affiliates (“Associated Third Parties”), information which the Company is required to maintain and treat as confidential or proprietary information of such Associated Third Parties (“Associated Third Party Confidential Information”), and you agree to use such Associated Third Party Confidential Information only as directed by us and to not use or disclose such Associated Third Party Confidential Information in a manner that would violate our obligations to such Associated Third Parties. By way of example, Associated Third Party Confidential Information may include the habits or practices of Associated Third Parties, the technology of Associated Third Parties, requirements of Associated Third Parties, and information related to any contractual relationship between us and such Associated Third Parties. You agree at all times during your performance of the delivery services and use of the App and thereafter, that you owe the Company and its Associated Third Parties a duty to hold all such Associated Third Party Confidential Information in the strictest confidence, and not to use it or to disclose it to any person, firm, corporation, or other third party except as necessary in the performance of the delivery services. You understand that your unauthorized use or disclosure of Associated Third Party Confidential Information may lead to legal action by the Company and termination of your use of the App.
Attention: Privacy Office.
If you have any questions, complaints, or comments about our App, or have other user service needs, please do not use the above contact information. Please contact customer service through the Help feature in the App.